Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Shayna and Logan on Personality

I really enjoyed Shayna and Logans presentation on personality. When it comes to finding success, whether it be professionally, socially, or in any endeavor, your personality is what could make or break opportunities for you. Some aspects of your personality are within your control, while others are traits you're born with that are innate to who you are and you may not even realize you possess. The Ted Talk that they showed about being a giver, taker or matcher was a good one, and it sure made me think about which one I am and how it may have effected the course of my life so far. I would say that, especially in the workplace, I am a giver. This summer at the restaurant I work at I got promoted to manager, and this is where I really noticed it. Though it was part of my duties to oversee everything in the restaurant, I found myself stepping in and helping waiters and waitresses that were flustered and even brought food to tables with my broken hand. It was outside of my job description, but it's part of my nature to take more onto my own plate for the sake of helping others. I don't like watching people struggle, especially when i know I could assist them.

1 comment:

  1. Good leaders eat last, as Simon Sinek says. That often means picking up the slack for subordinates. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete