Saturday, February 18, 2017

Emotional Intelligence Pre Work



Above are the results I received from Regan and Caroline's emotional intelligence pre class quiz.

I scored somewhat negatively in some of the categories which I was a little surprised about, but scored exactly average in emotional self-control which is something that I've always thought I manage pretty well in.

Adaptability didn't surprise me that I received a low score because as I've said before, I'm not very spontaneous and appreciate a solid plan, so when things change unexpectedly it sometimes throws me off a little, and I know I have to work on my ability to adapt if I want to exceed in a management role.

I hope this will spark some interesting class discussion because the concept of emotions are sometimes tough for people to accept and talk about.

1 comment:

  1. One thing to bear in mind is that the comparison group for this quiz are readers of the HBR - which means executives for the most part. EI or EQ is definitely something that develops with time and experience. So if you are this close, you are doing well at 20-ish.

    ReplyDelete